Nights Transport AdministratorMarch 30, 2021
To support the Transport team by performing administration tasks within the department by:
- Processing daily Proof of Deliveries (POD’s) within the Transport system
- Dealing with Driver queries and managing the Briefing and Debriefing process
- Recording of discrepancies and reporting to the relevant team members
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working in an administration based role
- Strong PC based knowledge including an intermediate or knowledge of Excel spread sheets and web
- Good communication skills: Responds to enquiries via telephone and email, providing support for both internal and external contacts.
- Confident individual who can challenge when the need arises and at the appropriate level
- Reliable in approach to work and adaptable to fit into different teams and environments
- Highly organised, self-sufficient and able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Basic understanding of driver hours and working time directive
- Some traffic office experience would be an advantage
- Must have own transport, full UK driving licence and own transport to work
- Customer Service – To ensure all paperwork is processed with accuracy
- Advise Transport Operations Manager/ Customer Services of any orders that been rejected or not reached destination or that have returns once notified
- Ensure transfer POD’s are processed within 12 hours of receipt
Debrief and brief drivers on arrival and departure collecting and checking all driver paper work. Record any issues/discrepancies after debriefing drivers and resolve matters escalating to management level if required.
- Brief to ensure the driver fully understands the work they has been asked to do.
- Check they are happy with using the phone app and an initial check that the details in RR match jobs and paperwork.
- Make sure the driver also understands what paperwork or receipts (Tesco’s) are needed to come back.
- Debrief to ensure that the paperwork handed in matches the details in RR. Make sure all receipts are attached and the necessary signatures obtained.
- Update RR with times in & out.
- Ensure correct trailer number, driver name and unit is in RR.
- Scan pod into the correct job.
- Hand any pods with discrepancies to Customer Services for processing and pass scanned and clean pods to accounts team for filing and attaching to invoices
- Liaise with driver, transport team and relevant collection point regarding any problems i.e. returns & shortages with a POD.
- Sign in any phones/keys
- Conducting live debrief throughout the day with all driver deliveries, in conjunction with other Administration team members to ensure that all planned deliveries and collection times are on track and feeding back to the Transport Operators any concerns, issues, lates or failures.
- Enter data on to traffic software system and excel based systems in accordance with the requirements
- Ensure accuracy of data within systems at all times
- Contact internal customers to resolve any queries or problem that may arise with paperwork
- Communicate to Customer Service departments to advise of any issues with loads
Additional Team Support
- Support traffic staff on all functions of the office as and when required. Cover for absence, such as holidays for the other administrator within the team
- Encouraging teamwork within the workplace by displaying the correct behaviours towards all members of the Knowles Transport Ltd teams
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Portraying a professional appearance and manner at all times as a representative of Knowles Transport